Saturday, August 1, 2009

What Did You Read on Your Summer Vacation??

Where did the summer go?

Wasn't it just yesterday that the kids were STARTING their summer vacation? Now begins the madness that is Back to School Season, rivaled only by Holiday Season in its chaos. Moms and dads begin that mad rush to get school supplies, new clothes, and those last-minute required reading books the kids need for their projects.

Before you get lost in the world of pencils, sneakers, paper, and Trapper Keepers (do they still make those?) take a moment to appreciate all the wonderful things you did this summer: the beach, the movies, and especially the books!

With so many wonderful books having been released this summer, I spent many days reading by the pool. My favorite summer read would have to have been Relentless by Dean Koontz. I absolutely love books that scare me, and this one definitely did the trick! It was his best since Velocity, if you ask me.

But enough from me. I want to know what made it into you're beach bag this summer. Did Pahlaniuk's new book thrill you? Did you fall in love with Danielle Steel's new release? Let us know! Either way, we hope you had a safe and happy summer. =)

--Jenn C

2 comments:

  1. I read lots of books! The best were Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder by Holly McQueen, and Unholy Business: A True Tale of Faith, Greed and Forgery in the Holy Land by Nina Burleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read "Cotton" by Christopher Wilson. The main character was engaging and funny. He says he's a "black soul in a white wrapper." Ironically, he later develops a condition that darkens his skin. It's a really unique story that made me laugh out loud at times. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Remember, this is a G-rated blog! No profanity or vulgar language, please.